Have you have completed your school and ready for a gap year travel in South East Asia? All excited, but do not know what itinerary you have to follow.
The following was the itinerary I followed in South East Asia during my three months sojourn.
Week 1 & 2
Thailand – In my 2 weeks in Thailand I visited Bangkok, Krabi and Pattaya.
What I Did In Thailand:
- Visited the temple of the 150 feet long reclining Buddha in Bangkok
- Toured Bangkok’s famous grand palace complex and the temple of Emerald Buddha.
- Spent a fun-filled day at the Dream World in Bangkok.
- Lazed by the Railay Beach at Krabi.
- Visited the Khao Phanom Bencha National Park at Krabi.
- Visited the Tiger Cave Temple at the Krabi Town.
- Enjoyed a pleasant walk through Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden in Pattaya.
- Enjoyed paragliding and numerous water sports on the Coral Island in Pattaya.
Week 3 & 4
Malaysia – I flew from Thailand to Malaysia. In my two weeks in Malaysia, I visited Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi and Genting.
What I Did In Malaysia:
- Went to the sky bridge on the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur.
- Visited the Menara Tower in Kuala Lumpur.
- Witnessed innumerable species of birds at the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park.
- Visited the Batu Caves at Kuala Lumpur.
- Visited the Langkawi sky bridge via the two kilometers long Langkawi sky cab route.
- Enjoyed snorkeling and scuba diving at the Payar Island at Langkawi.
- Enjoyed the widespread indoor and outdoor theme park at Genting Highlands.
Singapore – I flew from Malaysia to Singapore.
What I Did In Singapore:
- Spent a fun-filled day at the Sentosa Island.
- Visited the Singapore zoo.
- Enjoyed the lively evenings at Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
- Visited the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum.
- Spent a day at the Jurong Bird Park.
- Loved shopping at the Orchard Road.
Week 6 & 7
Indonesia – I flew from Singapore to Indonesia. In my two weeks in Indonesia, I visited Bali, Jakarta and Yogyakarta.
What I Did In Indonesia:
- Enjoyed the surfing experience on the Kuta Beach in Bali.
- Visited the Bali Safari and Marine Park.
- Visited the Neka Art Museum in Bali.
- Went hiking at the Mount Batur.
- Bagged great deals and cheap bargains in the markets at Jakarta.
- Loved the Ancol Dreamland at Jakarta
- Visited the National Gallery of Indonesia at Jakarta.
- Visited the Borobudur temple and Prambanan temple at Yogyakarta.
Week 8 & 9
Vietnam – I flew Indonesia to Vietnam. In my two weeks in Vietnam, I visited Ha Long Bay, Hanoi, Hue and Mui Ne.
What I Did In Vietnam:
- Explored the numerous caves at Ha Long Bay.
- Visited the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long in Hanoi.
- Visited the Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum in Hanoi
- Visited the Complex of Hue Monuments.
- Loved kite flying at the sand dunes of Mui Ne.
Cambodia – I flew from Vietnam to Cambodia. In my one week in Cambodia, I visited Siem Reap, Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh.
What I Did In Cambodia:
- Visited the numerous temples at the Angkor Temple Complex near Siem Reap.
- Visited the Angkor Silk Farm in Siem Reap.
- Enjoyed a lavish meal of the Khmer cuisine at a 5-star hotel in Cambodia.
- Relaxed by the Otres Beach in Sihanoukville.
- Visited the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum in Phnom Penh.
- Visited the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh.
- Got an anchor tattooed on my hand. It’s easy to download an anchor clipart from internet and get it tattooed.
Laos – I flew from Cambodia to Laos. In my one week in Laos I visited Vientiane and Xieng Khouang.
What I Did In Laos:
- Visited the Buddha Park in Vientiane.
- Visited the Wat Sisaket in Vientiane.
- Loved the That Luang at Vientiane.
- Clicked lots of photographs at Vang Vieng.
- Visited the Plain Of Jars at Xieng Khouang.
Philippines – I flew from Laos to the Philippines on Cebu Pacific. In my one week in the Philippines, I visited Coron, El Nido and Boracay.
What I Did In Philippines:
- Rejuvenated by the freshness at the Barracuda Lake and Kayangan Lake at Coron.
- Loved the Coral Garden at Coron.
- Sunbathed at the Nacpan Beach at El Nido.
- Loved the sunset by the Yapak Beach at Boracay.
My trip ends at the Philippines and I had a joyous time at each of the countries.
All the countries in South East Asia were very different from the previous and had their own charisma. The warm hospitality and caring nature of the locals left me in awe of all the destinations. I hope my itinerary assists you in planning your trip. Have a fun trip!